The Project Manager reports directly to the Director of Strategy and provides project management, data analytics, project consultation and/or analysis on a broad range of projects of vital interest to the Fred Hutch strategic plan and the Director’s Office, to include: organization-wide projects; deep-dive, detailed operational improvements; and key initiatives with partner organizations. The projects will involve senior level sponsorship, attention, visibility and urgency.
- Communication: Clearly and persuasively communicate, listen and seek clarifications; write clearly and informatively.
- Initiative: Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team; exhibit sound and accurate judgment, including prioritization and time management skills. Able to provide support to multiple team members and projects simultaneously.
- Results Orientation: Focused on improvement of effectiveness and service. Influences, introduces improvements into the Director’s Office.
- Diagnostic Information Gathering: The ability to identify the information needed to clarify situations, seek that information from appropriate sources, and use skillful questioning to draw out the information, when others are reluctant to disclose it.
- Thoroughness: Ensuring that one’s own and others’ work and information are complete and accurate; carefully preparing for meetings and presentations; articulating and sharing project action items with project team; following up with others to ensure that agreements and commitments have been fulfilled.
- Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Judgement: Excellent business and technical judgment. Executive maturity and ability to exercise exceptional discretion with confidential information.
- Knowledge: Maintain a broad overall knowledge of the institution and partners, where necessary, to cultivate relationships that will lead to success. Proven ability to translate between technology, operations, science and healthcare.
- Collaboration: Engage and be viewed as an accessible partner within the Hutch and partner organizations.