Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Temporary Executive Assistant primarily supports the Sr. Director and represents the Human Resources office in interactions both internally and externally. In this role, the Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Senior Director including agendas, presentations, meeting materials, preparation of correspondence, and reports. The Executive Assistant will support calendaring, call and email management, travel planning, meeting planning, and special projects. In addition, the Executive Assistant will provide administrative support to four HR directors as needed. An essential member of the Human Resources staff, the Executive Assistant will anticipate needs, clear obstacles, and identify opportunities to take ownership of tasks and projects. The Executive Assistant is expected to take initiative, proactively ask questions, execute core responsibilities collaboratively, and work well within a complex organization. Must maintain professionalism, show flexibility, handle multiple tasks and changing priorities, be customer service oriented, have a strong attention to detail, and remain composed under pressure of deadlines. The Executive Assistant must be able to effectively communicate the mission, values, and scope of the institution.
• Manage constantly changing calendars for Directors by proactively anticipating needs while proactively looking ahead and anticipating needs – such as agendas, PowerPoint creation, or handouts.
• Act as program support for recruiting of Fred Hutch and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance Faculty, including executive calendaring, creation of interview schedules, travel and hotel arrangements, catering and onsite touring.
• Act as program support for Fred Hutch and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance HR Business Partners.
• Complete multiple monthly credit card reconciliations.
• Assist in the onboarding of new HR staff and maintain HR organizational chart accordingly.
• Provide thorough and detail-oriented planning and support to executive-level meetings and special events including logistics, materials, presentations, taking minutes and follow-up on action items.
• Provide concierge level back-up support to Vice President of HR.
• Manage relationships with executives, high-level donors, board members and key contacts, ensuring timely follow-up and scheduling.
• Internal communication, including written communications to executives, directors, managers, and all staff.
• Manage travel arrangements and itineraries.
• Team support, including customer service, training, and project support.
• Manage forwarded emails, taking responsibility for triaging priorities and responding directly in writing, in person, and by phone.
• Other duties as required.
• Bachelor’s degree or minimum of five years equivalent administrative experience.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, with emphasis on Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Must be organized, detail-oriented and have experience in project coordination.
• Able to professionally triage and troubleshoot while using independent judgement.
• Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and met goals in a timely manner.
• Experience scheduling on the executive-level
• Prior work experience in Human Resources
• Ability to multi-task, work independently, prioritize effectively, plan ahead, problem-solve and meet goals in a deadline driven environment
• Highly flexible and able to change focus easily
• Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
• Highly developed organization and information management skills required
• Strong attention to high level of detail and quality of work; strong follow through
• Strong writing skills
• Ability to deliver excellent customer service
• Willing to ask for direction or ask questions if given unclear projects or tasks
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
• Ability to build relationships and work in a team environment
• Solid background in planning travel, meeting agendas