Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
Our Human Resources team supports both Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and Seattle Cancer Care Alliance through a collaborative partnership and suite of services. We are looking to hire a full-time, temporary HR Auditor Program Assistant II to assist with an audit of our electronic HR records for six months.
The Temporary HR Auditor Program Assistant II will work under the direction of the Internal Audit and Compliance Analyst and Director of HR Operations.
• Audit existing HR files and produce weekly reports and progress updates at a departmental level
• Review and update electronic HR employee files in accordance with policies and procedures
• Run background checks, education verifications, education equivalency assessments, licensure/certification verifications and additional checks as needed
• Serve as the point of contact for specified projects and provide timely responses to managers and administrative staff regarding questions, updates, requests for information, etc.
• Perform clerical/administrative duties, which may include drafting correspondence and reports, data entry, photocopying, scheduling appointments and organizing meetings
• Work with highly confidential documentation and escalate issues appropriately to supervisor
• Perform related duties as assigned
• High school graduation or GED, AA degree preferred
• At least 2 years of office administration and/or data entry experience, preferably in Human Resources or a CAP/DOH regulated environment.
• Prior experience with HR Information Systems and/or Applicant Tracking Systems is highly desired.
• Must be impeccably detail-oriented and have excellent customer service skills with professional verbal and written communication.
• Must be highly organized, able to handle multiple tasks efficiently and time-sensitive information.
• Must be proficient with Microsoft Outlook, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Must be available to work full-time for a period of six months from June-November 2018.