The Radiology Technologist performs and/or assists with radiographic, DEXA exams fluoroscopic, and angiographic procedures according to department procedure manual utilizing correct anatomic positioning skills while adjusting technical factors of equipment in proportion to patient and body part being examined while minimizing radiation and applying immobilization devices and/or shielding as required.
Information Processing & Image Review
- Manages electronic data, processes information (subtraction or other digital manipulation) for interpretation, reviews exam for proper positioning, technique, identification, and records required information
- Transfer images to PACS and verifies the action. Reviews the case, patient medical history, protocol, and prior images, using clinical judgement to ensure a successful outcome
- Instructs radiology students and/or new staff according to clinical and department requirements; assists in the orientation of department and hospital personnel with emphasis on radiation safety
Maintenance & Safety Checks
- Performs visual maintenance and quality controls checks, records and reports results to appropriate personnel, identifies problems and communicates them to immediate supervisor, takes appropriate corrective action when necessary, and offers solutions as appropriate
Maintenance of Supplies
- Responsible for ensuring an adequate inventory of supplies, linens, and accessories
- Coordinates and schedules examinations
- Initiates intravenous access for the administration of contrast and/or radio pharmaceutical isotopes; accesses patency; understands emergency procedures in the event of extravasations and/or allergic response.
- Ability to communicate verbally in person, on the phone, and in writing in a clear, concise and professional manner
- Ability to work independently, organize, and prioritize concurrent responsibilities and demands
- Ability to assess patients' conditions and request assistance when necessary
- Ability to assist in the movement of patient to and from wheelchairs, carts and radiographic tables
- Proficient in email and word processing systems