Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first and largest cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
The Financial Management Information Systems group (FMIS) is an integral team within the Hutch’s Finance department providing critical links among the scientific programs, Finance and technology professionals to maximize the value of financial business applications. Finance is a broad group including Accounting, FMIS, Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A), the Office of Sponsored Research (OSR), Procurement and Treasury teams. The team implements new technologies as well as supports and enhances existing applications.
The Financial Management System Analyst III will support the Hutch’s Oracle PeopleSoft Financial (FMS) and Supply Chain Management (SCM) application. The scope of the role includes a broad range of activities including requirements gathering, prototyping, solution design, testing, documentation, customer interaction and complex incident resolution. Under limited supervision, the Analyst will support the needs of the Accounting and AR/Billing groups, utilizing generalized PeopleSoft Financials expertise to solve problems and design solutions in any applicable module(s) and across applications, as needed. Other applications supported by FMIS include Hyperion, Onbase, SciQuest, Huron Grants and WebFocus. The Analyst will provide production support, while also focusing on new solutions and best practice business process improvements.
• Provide subject matter expertise across a variety PeopleSoft Finanicals modules and functionality
• Stay current on PeopleSoft enhancements and improvements
• Use knowledge and experience to recommend innovative solutions to Finance business problems
• Work closely with developers, functional and technical resources, and stakeholders
• Be able to articulate ERP and SCM application concepts, providing guidance and support to customers and less knowledgeable staff
• Forge and maintain strong relationships with customer and partner groups
• Design and document test strategies, plans and scripting; execute testing and guide other FMIS resources in testing execution
• Mentor less experienced staff
• Apply standard best practices and SDLC concepts to daily work
• Utilize standard ticketing system to document, track and report on workflow and capacity
Application Support & Enhancements
• Proactively support Finance customers in the use of PeopleSoft Financials across all FMS and SCM modules.
• Align with Customer groups to interpret internal business challenges and pain points and recommend best practices to improve applications, processes, or services.
• Provide technical, functional or business model mentoring/knowledge sharing.
• Create and manage documentation related to business application flows.
• Own the “life cycle” of an issue from identification, research, workaround/fix and communication with end user.
• Design customer analytic solutions utilizing data from multiple data sources.
• Develop and document requirements for data integrations between applications.
Gather and document business requirements and functional specifications.
• Provide thoughtful leadership in the evaluation, conceptualization, design, and development of new capabilities with FMS and SCM.
• For smaller projects, coordinate cross-departmental teams in completing the design, development and/or configuration of enhancements, new business systems and process improvements.
• Lead discovery and requirements process, including documentation
• Create and deliver end user training.
• Support the planning related to resources, capabilities, and capacity to meet existing and new demands. Collaborate with FMIS leadership to create and maintain roadmap of functionality.
• Provide support to the Project Manager in development of project plans, estimation of work, and creation of project timelines.
• Conduct regular meetings with key stakeholders and provide regular status on IT development efforts.
• Five years’ experience with PeopleSoft including deep knowledge in several, but not all, modules and configurations which include AM, AR, BI, AP, AR, Contracts, GL, Grants, PO plus BI Publisher, nVision, Combo Edits, Commitment Control, Allocations and Multi-Currency
• Knowledge of International accounting desirable (FX Gain/Loss, Revaluation/Translations, VAT and IFRS).
• Strong teamwork and collaboration skills; willingness to thought-share and mentor
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Computer Science, or related field preferred.
• Demonstrated Success in designing and leading requirements discovery sessions including use of interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process modeling, and workflow analysis
• Strong organizational skills (multi-tasking) and a self-motivator
• Knowledge and understanding of SQL and SDLC concepts
• Excellent organization, problem-solving, customer service & communication (verbal & written) skills
• Strong desire to learn additional modules, data structures, integrations and overall research