Cures Start Here. At Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, home to three Nobel laureates, interdisciplinary teams of world-renowned scientists seek new and innovative ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer, HIV/AIDS and other life-threatening diseases. Fred Hutch’s pioneering work in bone marrow transplantation led to the development of immunotherapy, which harnesses the power of the immune system to treat cancer. An independent, nonprofit research institute based in Seattle, Fred Hutch houses the nation’s first cancer prevention research program, as well as the clinical coordinating center of the Women’s Health Initiative and the international headquarters of the HIV Vaccine Trials Network. Careers Start Here.
Coordinates the operation of the Immunotherapy Clinical Research program. Develops policies, procedures, and methods for project/study implementation.
The incumbent reports to the Clinical Research Manager. Has responsibility for coordinating all aspects of study/project operation. Special skills and knowledge are applied in coordinating project/study operations, in assisting in developing methods and materials.
Perform some or all of the following responsibilities:
1. Track study progress, prepare reports, and lead/organize clinical operations meeting.
2. Coordinate research and administrative activities, ensuring all projects are implemented and completed according to project/study timelines.
3. Coordinate and develop policies and procedures according to protocol, IRB, grant/contract and Center specifications.
4. Develop research materials which may include questionnaires, data collection instruments, and educational materials. Develop, review, edit, and revise administrative materials.
5. Carry-out complex research assignments in support of project/study, requiring advanced related education and/or experience.
6. Serve as project/study liaison, representing the project/study to other Center departments, funding sources, affiliated individuals or institutions, and outside organizations.
7. Attend committee meetings, monitor activities to ensure objectives have been met within designated time frame, and coordinate follow-up activities and facilitating the flow between study stages.
8. Assist in the analysis of project/study data.
9. Track project/study budget.
10. Produce special and recurring reports.
11. Performs other responsibilities as required.