- Manage a portfolio of 100 donors and prospects with the capacity of giving $100,000- $2.5 million using successful identification, qualification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship methods to meet and exceed personal and team fundraising goals.
- Under the direction of Executive Director, Philanthropic Gifts and with the support of the Chief Philanthropy Executive, Individual Giving and the Director of Prospect Management develop and implement effective, creative, and personalized strategies for increased giving via unrestricted support and/or project specific support.
- Facilitate meaningful interaction for donors and prospects with faculty, as well as administrative and volunteer leadership, including the President and Trustees, as appropriate.
- Align solicitation strategies with Center goals for operations, research, endowment and new initiatives of the strategic plan.
- Document interactions, participate in prospect management meetings, and utilize Raiser’s Edge to support relationship management.
- Devote up to 20% of time to new prospect development initiatives.
- Persuasively articulate the mission and goals of Fred Hutch, translate complex science and research priorities to inspire philanthropy.
- Actively solicit and/or partner with colleagues in Planned Giving.
- Participate in a robust schedule of events and represent Fred Hutch in the community.
- A baccalaureate degree or 4 years of directly related experience.
- 7+ years of successful professional fundraising or related experience.
- Proven success soliciting and closing philanthropic gifts or relevant experience in a closely related field.
- Proven ability to articulate, compellingly, the mission and vision of the organization.
- Adept at engaging, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding individuals from all walks of life and varying philanthropic capacity levels.
- Proven ability to advance the interests of donors or potential donors while honoring and protecting the best interests of the organization.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in campaign planning and/or campaign implementation.
- Advanced degree.
- Innate sense of urgency combined with self-motivation.
- Intellectual depth, integrity, vision, creativity and a sense of humor.
- Ability to work closely and collaboratively with colleagues.