- Work holistically with the Vice President, Philanthropy and the Chief Philanthropy Executive, Principal Gifts to develop a robust program, locally and nationally, for highest capacity prospects interested in accelerating big ideas toward reducing the burden of cancer and other disease, investing in population health studies, and deepening the understanding and impact of basic sciences, and the increasing global access to discoveries.
- Actively manage a portfolio of prospects capable of making gifts of $5 million+, working closely with the President, Senior Vice Presidents, and Trustees, to create compelling strategies for transformational gifts.
- Support Executive and Trustee Leadership in relationship building, including laying the groundwork for new relationships and deepening existing relationships to attract and accelerate a new level of private support for Fred Hutch.
- Help to build meaningful relationships between faculty and prospects.
- Coordinate fundraising activities with the Office of the President.
- Develop proposals, background materials, solicitation strategies, budgets, and other collateral to deepen donor engagement.
- Lead by example, advancing a culture of philanthropy internally and externally.
- A baccalaureate degree or 4 years of directly related experience.
- 7+ years of successful professional fundraising or related experience.
- Proven success soliciting and closing 6- and 7-figure philanthropic gifts.
- Proven ability to articulate, compellingly, the mission and vision of the organization.
- Adept at engaging, cultivating, soliciting, and stewarding individuals from all walks of life and varying philanthropic capacity level.
- Proven ability to advance the interests of donors or potential donors while honoring and protecting the best interests of the organization.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in campaign planning and/or campaign implementation desired.
- Advanced degree
- Innate sense of urgency combined with self-motivation.